Monday, November 17, 2008

This week and Lithia Park


Lithia Park

The scenery


Many bridges!


Sunday we had a lovely walk in Lithia Park. I was amazed on how many people were out walking, riding bikes, having picnics, BBQ's, and enjoying the cold crisp weather. It was our first walk in this park.
We also went to a saxophone orchestra on Friday, that was kinda cool. It had 18 musicians from the area that played a variety of music including Gustav Holst "Mars" to "Egmont Overture" by Beethoven. It was not as professional as the chamber music orchestra we saw, but still very good (to me). Matt enjoyed it but seemed to not be super impressed. He explained to me there just doesn't seem to be "enough power" in a saxophone ensamble. He was not too hot on the idea of a sax orchestra, he likes more variety in the music. None the less, it was still good, cause I can't play the sax!
We went to "Ring around the moon", a comedy play about two brothers in love. We really enjoyed it, and for a student play it was great. We liked that the theater was small and you get a more intimate experience with the actors and scenes, versus having seats in a large theater where you can barely see the faces of the people. I would go see it again for sure.
We (I) also joined the southern Oregon Gleaning Network. It's a nonprofit (that my mom is part of) that helps fight hunger in southern Oregon. I am using my computer skills to help them with a Christmas flyer. We will probably go down to their center once a month to help all the older folks organize donations, and set up food delivery boxes. They all seem very nice people.



1 comments:

Ryan + Angie said...

I love your fall pictures. So pretty!

Post a Comment