Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break Adventure!!

Since I just started working on Monday, I haven't really had the opportunity to take some time off and get a break (per se), so JJ and I decided maybe a little road trip would be a nice change on my day off. We originally planned to head out to the Oregon Coast this morning and drive back tonight. After we found out its about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away, we nixed that idea and split the difference. We ended up in Cave Junction. Home to... um.... the Oregon caves. We drove into town, went to the information center, picked up some brochures and off we went. The caves were another 45 mins. away and then a 90 min guided tour. We actually decided not to do this today and to come back later in the summer, when it's warmer. We did have our adventures though. JJ pestered some poor swans. I kept telling her to be careful, they might attack!!



We stopped by this crazy place on the way out of Cave Junction. It is a "Gallery Woodyard Shop" Lots of crazy wood art, tree houses, furniture, etc. Go to itsaburl.com to find out more. Really, go......... Crazy.


This was a picture of me on my way up one of the tree houses. I think I just barely made the age limit.



Here is a very cute picture of JJ standing under a wooden mushroom. Everything was going fine until the mushroom ATTACKED HER!! IT WAS GRUESOME!! IT TRIED TO EAT HER!!

Needless to say, JJ made it out alive. Just barely. Here are her battle scars!!!!! A crazy day.








0 comments:

Post a Comment