Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lauralee and Shey's place

We finally visited Matt's aunt and uncle, Lauralee and Shey, by Castle Rock, CO.
Hopefully I spelled their names correctly :)

Apparently they love Mexican food, so it was fitting that Lauralee made an excellent taco lunch for us. Thank you again for the great food. I really enjoyed the green chili egg souffle. As I went back for seconds of the dish, I wished that I could have sat down and devoured all of it to finish by licking the bowl. Seeing that it was our first introduction I felt I keep that to myself and stay appropriate by just having a small slice on my plate and settle with enjoying every little bite.

After lunch we had a small tour of their cute place and Lauralee was kind enough to share her Vaseline glass collection and amazing artistic quilts with us! We continued outside to see their new toys; two 4-wheelers. Lauralee and Shey hoped on their ATVs as we took the Rhino and headed over to the Olsen's plot. What amazing views of the valley from the top of the land.

We are still considering camping on it but Shey made a point to let us know a mountain lion with cubs has been spotted around the neighborhood. Then we headed back to the house for ice cream sundaes with all the classic toppings!! It was a lovely afternoon.

I wanted to add these two pics of a thunder show right outside of our window. I wasn't quick enough to capture the lightening but I think these shots turned out well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment