Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays. I favor this holiday because it means my husband will probably do something fabulous for ME! Most of my favorite holidays also consist of multi-day events. This holiday was no exception. Matt had 100 beautiful multi-colored Peruvian Lilies delivered to our door on Saturday. :) I was not up to going out for dinner this Valentines. So at my request, we went shopping at the local Whole Foods for a delicious gourmet meal. We had fun sampling foods as we picked out a variety of cheese and crackers, a mini heart shaped new york cheese cake, and red snapper with asparagus! Matt being such a talented chef, whipped up a yummy meal for dinner on Saturday.

Monday was the actual holiday, but it is Matt's busiest day of the week with work followed immediately by class in the evening. I decided on my way home from work on Monday to visit Whole Foods again. I picked up some delicious snacks of smoked salmon, bread, crackers, cheeses, and a little fruit tart. It was not as perfect as Matt's gourmet dinner, but I think he was happy to come home to some delicious surprise Valentines treats after a long day. Overall A great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment