Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chicago Work Conference

This May I had the opportunity to head to Chicago for a work conference. The STC conference was held right outside the city in Rosemont. The NATO summit was happening downtown Sunday and Monday and from the looks of the news it was a good thing we were outside the city. Many trains were shut down or delayed for high security searches, roads were closed and many business closed because of riots. So I spent the first days of the conference going to classes and hanging out in the hotels. Tuesday evening a coworker and I finally made it downtown. To my surprise Chicago was huge. We walked out from the train and into the city we were int he center of all the hustle and bustle.

We walked to the Weber Grill restaurant for a wonderful meal. I had chicken and ribs cooked right on a Weber grill. Yum!
Then we walked down Michigan Ave. and through the magnificent mile. this mile of street was immersed in lavish stores. Most everything was closed so we window shopped and just took it all in. Once we hit the John Hancock Center building we headed back to the train. By the time I hit the train seat I realized at 5 months pregnant I had done too much. We figured after 8 hours of classes we had walked about 6 miles. The next day I just slept until I flew out int he afternoon. It took me a few days to recover but it was worth it for the chance to see the city.I will definitely need to return to see what else i had missed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you read signs really well. You crossed the police line. - ld

Post a Comment