Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Miles Andrew Olsen is Born

On September 10th, 2012 at 3:14pm Miles Andrew Olsen was born. He was 7lbs. 14oz and 20 inches. It was not the easiest pregnancy. With being high-risk because of gestational diabetes and hypertension we took many precautions. We were so lucky to have a team of doctors and nurses during the pregnancy to keep me calm, confident and help me through the entire adventure. Since I was being induced a week early we were able to choose our delivery date. We felt the 10th was a perfect date for our new Virgo baby!
 
The hospital staff was fabulous. Our experience at the Swedish Hospital was amazing. During the delivery process I had issues at the end as Miles heart rate was jumping around and there was talk of a c-section. the Doctor decided to continue to try a natural birth. 
 
Once the baby's head peaked out he got stuck against my pelvis. Seconds later the entire nurse staff was in my room as Matt was to stand on the sidelines while four nurses were pressing on my stomach and the doctor pulling with a vacuum on the baby's head to quickly get him out safely. As soon as he appeared in the doctors arms, I waited to hear him. She cleared his lungs, mouth and nose and they quickly took him to another set of nurses at the baby station in the room to assess his condition. I remember I finally heard him cry and I knew then that he was alive.  
 
 
Once he was stable they let me hold for a minute and then Matt and Miles were taken down to the ICU because he needed oxygen and an x-ray. The doctor saw his arm was not moving and she knew she had strained the arms to get him out. The x-ray showed no fractures. Thank goodness. He didn't move his arm for a couple of weeks and since he has slowly been improving and gaining strength in his arm. We are hoping for a full recovery. He is a perfect little blue eyed baby that has filled our heart with more love than we knew we had. Matt love being a Dad. We are truly happy!





 
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that little guy!!!!- ld

Post a Comment