Monday, July 4, 2011

June Bridal Shower

June 23, off to Portland for Lauren's Bridal Shower. And again without Matt. It's tradition for Matt and I to pick up a new magazine in the airport for the plane trip. Since we traded in airline miles for subscriptions and the recent addition to our collection from the Bridges latest volumes of saved magazines, I decided to buy a book. I have only made it a quarter way thought the book. It was everything I had hoped for from Anthony. It reads like his show, and I love it!
Yes, it is true. it just happened to be MoJo's 5th wedding anniversary over the weekend of the shower. June 24th, 2006 we were wed. An hour later it had been five wonderful fast years and a decade of memories! Nate and Lauren were very sweet and bought us a wonderful cake from the amazing Beaverton Bakery. Although Matt could not enjoy it, I made sure to tell him how yummy it was!
Then the main event was to begin. Since there was no way I was going to check a bag for such a short trip, I decided to purchase a gift in Portland. Darlene had not shopped wither, So BedBathandBeyond we went. WE had a few giggles looking thought Lauren's list of cooking appliances and utensils. We had fun shopping and finally agreed that something less traditional and maybe even less pratical would work.
Month of planning and a Friday afternoon spent with Christy, Lauren's mom, decorating and having a blast shopping a Michael's. Hours of labor and love we spend for a beautiful fairy tail themed shower. It was tasteful and elegant. My games seemed to go over OK and the shower was fun. It is a lot of work being a good Matron of Honor. But it's worth it for your oldest and most loyal friend.
I think my homemade banners turned out great. Everyone liked all the details and personal touches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment